So give me hope in the darkness that I might see the light

As 2013 comes to a close, never has it been more true that I can say that it's been a rough year.  Deaths of loved ones.  Dreams dashed to pieces again and again.  Being used, replaced, taken for granted.  Seeing people slide into what they swore they'd never be.  Becoming more like the world myself with all this bitterness.

I don't know what it is, this feeling that I just need to hibernate until something shakes me awake.  It's almost a new year, and I feel like I'm still crawling around with broken knees.

After a lot of neglect, I knew that I had pushed God aside and so I came to Him briefly again today.  And in the midst of their suffering and punishment (that they brought upon themselves) He kept on repeating, again and again, "I will be their God."  I wouldn't say that I'm happy at this moment, but I know that He still has not left.  If anything, that's enough to keep going.

Leave a Reply